Led by Chairman Walter Dias, Vice-Chairman Jack Lange, President Tara Joseph and Past Chairmen James Sun and Steven DeKrey, AmCham HK held its annual “Doorknock” to Beijing from November 20-21, 2017.
This year’s visit was very timely after the recent 19th China Party Congress, President Trump's visit to China and the APEC Summit in Vietnam.
Our group of 23 people, was one of the largest we have ever had. We met with officials from China’s Central Government Ministries, HKSAR Government Beijing Office and U.S. Embassy, as well as Chinese enterprises covering key topics:
- The Impact of the 19th Party Congress for businesses in China
- Next Phase of the Belt and Road Initiative
- HK's role in the development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area
- China’s policy on emerging financial technologies, latest updates on financial reform and RMB internationalization
- Inbound investments into China and Outbound investments of Chinese enterprise
- U.S.-China trade and investment relations
Our Schedule included the following visits:
Monday, November 20
- China Briefing by Mr. Jacob Parker, Vice President, China Operations and Mr. Jake Laband, Deputy Director, Beijing Office, The U.S.-China Business Council
- Meeting with Mr. Chen Zhi Tuan, Deputy Director-General, Taiwan, HK and Macau Affairs Department, Ministry of Commerce
- Networking Luncheon meeting with Mr. Chen Zhou, Vice-Chairman of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) and Members
- Meeting with Mr. Lin NianXiu, Vice Chairman, National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC)
- Meeting with Dr. Li Bo, Director General of Monetary Policy Department, People's Bank of China (PBOC)
- Networking dinner with AmCham China leaders and members
Tuesday, November 21
- Meeting with Mr. Ding Guorong, Executive Vice President, Silk Road Fund;
- Meeting with Ambassador Terry Brandstad, U.S. Ambassador to the People’s Republic of China, and his Country Team, U.S. Embassy in Beijing;
- Luncheon meeting with Mr. Davis Wang, CEO and Dr. Charles Cui, Vice President, Mobike;
- Meeting with Miss Mandy Wong, Assistant Director and Mr. Arthur Lam, Principal Trade Officer; The Office of the HKSARG in Beijing.
Special Acknowledgments and thanks to the 2017 Beijing Doorknock Official Hotel Partner: Grand Hyatt Beijing at Oriental Plaza and Official Airline Partner: HNA for their support in making this visit a success.