Hong Kong – September 15, 2017 – The American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (AmCham) assembled 18 global/ APAC CEOs to share their insights on foreign business on China’s global influence amidst the evolving econ-political developments at its Annual China Conference, held at the Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong on September 8.
Keynote speaker David Lampton, Chairman of The Asia Foundation; Hyman Professor and Director of SAIS-China and China Studies at Johns Hopkins, School of Advanced International Studies shared his insight on the importance of economic balance of power in the Asia region; reciprocity in the US’s relations with other countries in Asia; and the US strategy on North Korea.
Luncheon Keynote Speaker Dr. Joachim von Amsberg, Vice President, Policy & Strategy at Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) noted about Hong Kong’s important position as a world leading financial center in Asia to build a unique eco-system connecting multi-national players in both private and public sectors to foster infrastructure financing activities.
Two strong panels at the Conference also discussed –
- The Global Push of the China Brand
- The Greater Bay Area and Hong Kong Opportunities
The Conference also facilitated interactive dialogues with two leading CEOs –
- Shuang Wang, Chief Investment Officer, HNA Group Co. Ltd; CEO of HNA Group (International) Co. Ltd.
- Eddie Ahmed, Chairman, President & CEO of MassMutual International LLC
More than 280 corporate executives, analysts, and government officials, attended the Conference, along with more than 31 representatives from the media.
This year’s event was generously sponsored by Stamford American School Hong Kong, Thomson Reuters, KPMG, Sino-Singapore Guangzhou Knowledge City, SSGKC International Launchpad, United Airlines, Crown, Emerson, CLP, CUHK Business School, Cushman & Wakefield, JLL, Lim-Loges & Masters, Regal Springs, and PR Newswire as the Official Newswire Partner. Media Partners include Asia Briefing, Caixin.com, Fortune, and Reuters.
AmCham HK will continue to host a series of speaker events to further address topics of Belt & Road, AIIB, the Greater Bay Area and China globalization, as raised in the China Conference.
Please refer to the following links for more details:
- Full Transcript: Opening Keynote by Prof. David Lampton
- Video 1: Prof. David Lampton’s Opening Keynote
- Video 2: Dr. Joachim von Amsberg’s Luncheon Keynote
- Video 3: Panel 1 Discussion - The Global Push of the China Brand
- Video 4: Panel 2 Discussion - The Greater Bay Area and Hong Kong Opportunities
- Video 5: Dialogue with the CEO 1 with Mr. Shuang Wang, HNA Group
- Video 6: Dialogue with the CEO 2 with Mr. Eddie Ahmed, MassMutual International
Ms. Queenie Tsui
Manager, Government Relations & Public Affairs
Tel: (852) 2530 6914
E-mail: [email protected]
MORE ABOUT AMCHAM HK
With roughly 1,600 members, the American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (AmCham) is one of the largest American Chambers outside the United States, the largest international chamber in Hong Kong, and one of the most dynamic and influential international business organizations in the Asia-Pacific region. AmCham’s mission is to foster commerce among the United States, Hong Kong, and Mainland China; and to enhance Hong Kong's stature as an international business center.