UPDATE: Global Entry interviews for January 15 & 16 in Hong Kong are now fully booked.
If you were unable to schedule an interview in Hong Kong, please consider Global Entry ‘Enrollment on Arrival’ on your next visit to the United States. Enrollment on Arrival requires no appointment, and is available at 21 airports.
For more information on Enrollment on Arrival, a current list of participating airports, and the hours of operation during which Enroll on Arrival is offered, please visit https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/enrollment-arrival.
For any questions related to the application, please contact U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) at (852) 2523 3378, or the CBP Info Center at https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask.
AmCham, as the pro bono venue facilitator, will not handle queries related to the application itself and will direct you to the relevant authorities at U.S. CBP.
If you are a U.S. Citizen or a passport holder of selected countries with which U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has International Arrangements, please consider taking advantage of this opportunity to interview at the office of the American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong on January 15 & 16 for enrollment into the Global Entry program, which is required to apply for the U.S. Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Traveler’s Card (ABTC).
If you are interested in participating in the local interview process, you will need to apply through the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) Trusted Traveler/Global Entry website by January 4, 2018.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE
- All U.S. Citizens of all ages, OR
- Passport holders of selected countries with which U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has International Arrangements
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Global Entry Program Sign-up and Interview
Note: Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Global Entry Program Members enter the United States through automatic kiosks at selected airports. CBP is planning to conduct interviews for applicants in Hong Kong on January 15 & 16, 2018
(No Walk-ins! You MUST apply and book your interview online)
- January 15, 2018 from 8:30 am – 4:30pm
- January 16, 2018 from 8:30 am – 4:30pm
- The American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong, 1904 Bank of America Tower, 19th Floor, 12 Harcourt Road, Central, Hong Kong
- To avoid long lines after arriving in the U.S. with expedited, smooth entry;
- To be eligible for the U.S. APEC Business Travel Card;
- To be eligible for participation in TSA Pre-Check;
- To access expedited entry benefits upon arrival in other countries
STEPS TO APPLY
- Apply by January 4, 2018
- Create a TTP (Trusted Traveler Programs) Account at https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/. You will first create a login.gov account, and then return to TTP to complete the application. Every applicant, regardless of age, must have their own account.
- A $100 non-refundable application fee is paid online at the time of application submission
- For those interested in the U.S. APEC Business Travel Card, tick the APEC Business Travel Card box as well as the Global Entry box. An additional fee will be required for those applying for the U.S. APEC Business Travel Card.
- Once conditionally approved, applicants receive messages in their accounts and emails stating that they are “conditionally approved” for Global Entry, and are invited to an interview.
- Schedule your interview at the location called “Hong Kong” through your TTP account. For families, a separate interview must be scheduled for each person.
Full details and How to apply HERE
For more information about Global Entry and the APEC Card, see “Frequently Asked Questions”
The Global Entry Program in Hong Kong is supported by The American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong