Colliers has recently released its Hong Kong Market Outlook for 2020. The report balances some of the challenges caused by ongoing tensions, with the bright spots we can see for the property sector this year. It also explores factors affecting the office, industrial, retail, residential sectors as well as investment sales to forecast future performance. Below are the key takeaways from the report:
- Investment sales: Recent, large industrial transactions and a buoyant IPO market will make the next 12 months a buyer’s market
- Office: MNCs are recommitting to the market with revised real estate strategies that will create near-term stability for landlords and tenants alike
- Retail: High-street activity is expected to move towards stability as developers refocus on the local suburban market
- Residential: There remains a shortage of private housing as the government further reduces its land supply targets for 2020
- Industrial: Despite a slowdown in logistics and trade activities, there are still opportunities presented by Revitalisation 2.0 and the settlement of the US and China Trade war should grow investment appetite.
View the full report here.