With Consul General Kurt Tong pushing for visa-waiver for HKSAR passport to increase U.S.-HK links, AmCham is heading to Washington DC and co-hosting a Symposium with the Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS) and the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office on June 13 to raise attention in Washington on Hong Kong’s unique role in the One Country, Two Systems. This event is to mark the 20th anniversary of the HKSAR and people in Hong Kong can watch it live at 9:00-11:00pm (June 13, HK time).
- Ambassador Kurt Tong, United States Consul General to Hong Kong and Macau
- Walter Dias, Chairman, American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- James Keith, Managing Director, Asia Practice, McLarty Associates, and former United States Consul General in Hong Kong
- Clement Leung, Hong Kong Commissioner for Economic and Trade Affairs, USA
- Ann Rutledge, Founding Principal, CreditSpectrum Corporation