Date: January 28, 2018 (Sunday)
Time: 9 am - 4 pm
Location: Lok Sin Tong Yu Kan Hing Secondary School (3 Fu Yue St, Wang Tau Hom)
Youth, secondary, high school, early university, vocational students, parents and teachers are all welcome to participate in bilingual (70% Cantonese, 30% English) sessions exploring alternative pathways to and opportunities for success via 21st Century skills and ideas focusing on creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Companies such as Facebook, Google Earth, Tesla, Thomson Reuters, HKAPA, SCAD, OTIS Elevator, Modern Terminals, Under Armour, Topshop, Hong Kong Design Institute, Godzpeed, Hosbby, Snapask and more will engage Hong Kong youth in experiences, interactive workshops, and a behind the scenes look at the innovation within companies. The Festival will also cover internships, actionable advice, interview tips and ideas to foster an entrepreneurial spirit. Sample sessions include:
- MIT Innovation Node: molecular gastronomy to enhance your creativity and inspire out of the box thinking
- Thomson Reuters: how data is related to your daily life - a case study of 7-11
- JobDoh: how to create a winning video interview
- Under Armour and TopShop: styling and launching a fashion show
- From animation to drone flying, race car simulations to a real live jet engine
Opportunity Festival is a collaborative program of the American Chamber of Commerce, the U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong, Asia Society Hong Kong Center, the Hong Kong America Center.
Registration and further information here