AmCham’s advocacy supports members and the broader international business community to voice concerns and to provide suggestions to keep Hong Kong's attractiveness to regional and international businesses through researched position papers, closed-door roundtables with senior government officials, submissions for public consultations, and engagement with the press and social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Territorial tax system for U.S. nationals overseas
- U.S. visa waiver for Hong Kong
- Hong Kong’s unique role in U.S.-China trade relations and for stronger U.S. engagement in Asia
- More U.S.-HK institutional collaborations in tech & innovation
- Investment into the USA
- American thought leadership in innovation and technology
- Talent and entrepreneur spirit in HK’s economic transformation towards a “smarter” city
- Influence the Greater Bay Area transformation from Hong Kong
- Support companies to identify opportunities and challenges in Belt & Road
- Financial Services
- Future of Work
Details of AmCham’s recommendations are available in our 2017 Policy Address submission.
The 24 Committees at AmCham form the core of the Chamber's advocacy efforts. With guidance from the Board of Governors, Committee leaders contribute to build a solid advocative position for the Chamber through a variety of events and activities. These activities, such as premium events, networking events, or delegations, expose our members to top tier professionals and exclusive dialogue with government officials in the region, adding great value and foresight to their business portfolios and strategies.