Since 2013, AmCham has enhanced its services and benefits for members through events, advocacy, delegation visits and senior executive and government briefings. Our aim is to deliver high value events and networking opportunities to our members and to maintain our status as a leading voice in Hong Kong’s international business community.
While we remain competitively priced versus our chamber peers, AmCham must adjust annual dues for the first time since 2013 to keep pace with local Hong Kong inflation. Despite the increase, AmCham’s membership fees will remain on par with other chambers with annual dues for Corporate Representative Membership (CR) adjusted to HK$12,000 and Leadership Forum Membership (LF) to HK$60,000. As approved by the Board of Governors and voted unanimously in the annual Extraordinary General Meeting on November 17th, 2017, membership dues will increase effective on, and including, membership periods beginning January 1st, 2018.
The chamber does not take fees increases lightly, and we fully intend to further increase our engagement and influence in the coming year with the following objectives for 2018 and beyond:
- Provide an enhanced platform of corporate exposure for our Members to meet their business objectives through networking and exclusive events
- Be a strong advocate for a territorial tax system for U.S. nationals overseas
- Continue to push for U.S. visa waiver for Hong Kong to escalate U.S.-HK business and cultural links
- Advocate for strong U.S. engagement in trade in Asia and more institutional collaborations with Hong Kong in various industries
- Work closely with the Hong Kong Government to help shape the potentially transformative Greater Bay Area initiative
- Support companies in identifying opportunities and challenges in the Belt & Road and Greater Bay Area markets
- Provide thought leadership and advocacy in the digital economy, showcasing American and international best practices and the latest innovative concepts
- Provide thought leadership and advocacy in talent development in Hong Kong’s economic transformation towards a “smarter” city
- Serve as an important interlocutor with policy makers in Hong Kong, Mainland China, the United States, and Asia
In 2017, AmCham was the first foreign chamber to celebrate HKSAR’s 20th anniversary with the then Chief Executive-Elect Mrs. Carrie Lam, and engaged with key U.S. lawmakers, think tanks and members of the new Trump administration in Washington. We have met with new senior members of the Hong Kong SAR government and heard from leading senior executives in from a variety of influential business sectors.
Your membership and participation is important for us to understand the fast-changing landscape of American and international business in Hong Kong so we can serve this community better.
Thank you, and we look forward to your continued participation in the years ahead.