Communications & Government Affairs Intern
The American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (AmCham) is one of the largest American Chambers outside the United States, the largest international chamber in Hong Kong, and one of the most dynamic and influential international business organizations in the Asia-Pacific region. AmCham’s mission is to foster commerce among the United States, Hong Kong, and Mainland China; and to enhance Hong Kong’s stature as an international business center.
Government Affairs Intern supports the Communications & Government Affairs Department in government lobbying efforts during the summer period. The entire internship will be taken place in Hong Kong, with responsibilities include conducting research & surveys, note taking, drafting advocacy and communication materials, and providing administrative support to the department when necessary.
GA Intern will gain unique exposure and access to influential policy makers in the Administration, Legislative Council, think tanks, visiting U.S. delegations and senior business leaders in understanding more about various U.S., Hong Kong & Asia Pacific topics. Topics cover trade, taxation, real estate, infrastructure, innovation & technology, financial services, and education.
- Conduct research and surveys on relevant advocacy issues and draft submissions / position papers under the Director of Communications & Government Affair’s guidance
- Draft press releases and relevant communication materials
- Participate and note-taking in various events and meetings with chamber’s stakeholders when needed
- Provide administrative support to the department such as social media, and events and digital marketing & communications.
Skills & Attributes
- Undergraduate / Postgraduates currently enrolled in Government, Law, Public Policy, Journalism, Finance or Economics
- Strong interest in government policies, preferably good knowledge of U.S., Hong Kong, China government structures and a deep understanding of Hong Kong’s current affairs
- Excellent research skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Language skills, particularly in spoken, reading and written English
- Computer skills, familiarity with MS Office applications, internet, and digital communication channels
- Ability to work independently and in a team, willingness to learn and take initiatives
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong work ethic